The Tauber Holocaust Library welcomes visitors to use its research library and archives. The Library is open by appointment only. Please contact YedidaK@jfcs.org or call 415-449-3748 to schedule a visit.
• All materials at the Tauber Holocaust Library are non-circulating and must be used in the reading room.
• Patrons must sign in upon arrival.
• No cameras, scanners, recording devices, eating or drinking are permitted in the library.
• The use of cellular telephones is not permitted in the library. Patrons are asked to turn off their cellular telephones or set them to vibrate.
• The use of pens is not allowed in the reading room. Patrons may use pencils or laptop computers when working with materials.
• The books in the reference library are accessible in the reading room. Yizkor books and oral history tapes/transcripts are stored in the archives and can be viewed upon request.
• Materials contained in the pamphlet or archival collections are available on an appointment-only basis. Please contact the Tauber Holocaust Library to arrange an appointment for viewing these collections.
Please note: Patrons must store all bags at the front desk while working with archival and/or pamphlet collections. A photocopy machine is available for public use. The fee to photocopy Tauber Holocaust Library materials is $.10 (10 cents) per page. The fee to scan Tauber Holocaust Library materials is $.25 (25 cents) per page.
The Tauber Holocaust Library permits reproduction of materials on a case-by-case basis, depending on the condition and legal status of the items. Except in certain instances, the Tauber Holocaust Library does not own copyright to the material in its collections. The patron assumes all responsibility for questions of copyright that may arise in the use of copies of Tauber Holocaust Library material. If JFCS Tauber Holocaust Library owns copyright to the material, permission to publish will be considered upon receipt of a written request.
Suggested citation guidelines:
[Item] [date], [collection title and number], Tauber Holocaust Library, JFCS Holocaust Center, San Francisco, California.